Psychological Profile: Quantum Leap Obsession
How to recognize whether you're affected:
- Your computer is named Ziggy.
- Every time something embarrassing happens, you say, "Oh, boy."
- If you feel lost, you start wondering what the hell is taking your observer so long.
- Upon getting into a situation where you don't know what to do, you look at your invisible friend for support. I bet he's called Al - or at least something with Calavicci - too.
- If your remote control or calculator don't work as they should, you slap at them.
- Every time you play pool, you try to calculate the ball's path with Pytagoras first. You probably named your cue Alberta or Bashiba, too.
- August 8th and June 15th are marked red on your calendar.
- You state possibilities in percentages.
- You keep confusing your calculator for a handlink.
- During philosophical discussions, you find yourself talking about GTFW (God, Time, Fate or Whatever).
- While watching Enterprise, you keep wondering when Al is finally going to show up.
- Someone reminds you of something in your past that you can't, by any means, remember; you answer, "I Swiss-cheesed that out."
- You listen to music of the 50's, 60's and 70's and can name almost every oldie if it was played on QL, complete with the episode it appeared in.
- You catch yourself quoting the series.
- You watch every film or series episode if Dean or Scott starred in it, no matter what it is.
- Every time someone says something similar to a QL scene, you are reminded of it and burst out laughing.
- You catch yourself wondering what he would do if Sam leaped into you right at this moment; you ask yourself, too, how you would react if you found yourself in the Waiting Room right then.
- Your computer sports a QL background, screensaver and/or makes QL sounds.
- Expressions like "Oh, boy,"; "Uh, uh,"; "Ain't that a kick in the butt?"; "Nozzle,"; "Bingo," and "Bingo, Bango, Bongo" have become a common part of your vocabulary.
- Your English teacher mentions Samuel Beckett and you feel a smile creeping up on your face.
- Your webname, synonym and/or email address contain some QL related names or expressions.
- You catch yourself echoing Sam's or Al's gestures; like toying with a pencil as if it were a cigar although you don't even smoke, e.g.
- You watched most episodes so many times you almost know them by heart. You constantly confuse non-leaper friends with quotes and insider jokes they don't understand, too.
When I created this list, I realized just how obsessed I really am. It's scary. :)
Have you noticed something obsessivly Quantum Leap related in your behavior you think is missing here? Tell me.
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org